Air & Land Program
The Air and Land Programs responsibilities include:
- Establish Citation Authority for Open Burning.
- Respond to complaints concerning open burning.
- Incorporate Executive order No. 010-2007 to prohibit vehicles manufactured prior to the model 1999 from being imported into American Samoa.
- Continue to monitor for non-compliant vehicles from foreign countries that do not comply with USEPA emission standards.
- Continue solid waste inspection in villages.
- Implement Scrap Metal amnesty program.
- Develop Operating Standard for Solid Waste enforcement
- Develop and implement new pesticide applicator core manual and exam for private and commercial applicators.
- Develop standard operating procedure (SOP) for pesticide enforcement.
- Develop and implement pesticide Dealer's Program.
Long Term Goal:
To improve the health and well being of residents of American Samoa by maintaining the Territory's air and land quality compliance with the local and federal laws.
24 HOUR EMERGENCY CELL: 733-6149
Ioane Tomanogi, Air & Land Division Head
Ph: (684) 633-2304 ex. 248