Sample Request Repository
The American Samoa Environmental Protection Agency Laboratory accepts and tests samples of water intended for human consumption and use. Water is tested for the presence of Total Coliform bacteria and E.coli. The analysis takes 24 hours to complete. We will contact you by phone using the number you have on file. If you do not receive a phone call within 24 hours, please contact the AS-EPA Office at 633-2304.
Please file your request to collect a sample below and we will contact you for further instructions. The fee for drinking water testing is $38.00 per bottle. Payment must be made in a money order form and must be delivered to AS-EPA upon approval by the lab to collect the sample. Samples will not be collected and processed without payment.
What do your results mean?
- If Total Coliform and E.coli organisms are ABSENT
- The water is bacteriologically safe to use at the time of sampling.
- If Total Coliform organisms are PRESENT
- The water contains bacteria commonly found in run-off or surface water, which could include disease producing organisms.
- If E.coli organisms are PRESENT
- The water contains bacteria that is commonly found in sewage (animal or human) which could include disease producing organisms.
- If Total Coliform or E.coli organisms are PRESENT
- The water is NOT SAFE to use for drinking, bathing, brushing teeth, washing hands, or washing any food you will eat raw.
Please let us know if you have any questions.